Thursday, December 1, 2011

[Real Wedding] - Elementary School Sweethearts' Engagement Session

Happy December!  This year has really flown by and it's only going to go that much faster with the holidays quickly approaching.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I don't know about you all but I'm still wishing I was with my family on vacation...

But it's back to reality.  And today, we have a wonderful engagement shoot for you guys.  Shirley and Donald are such a cute couple and have such a fun story.  So sit back, relax and enjoy :)

Their story told by Shirley:  Donald and I met at the lovely age of 5. It’s true! But even though I would love to say that we’re elementary school sweethearts, the truth is that it didn’t all fall into place for us quite so early. We met in kindergarten... and lets just say that we had differing interests. I was the epitome of a girly-girl, and Donald, a man’s man. I was into nail polish, while he favored dirt bikes. As we moved through the early years of elementary school we became friends, and I was hooked. I mean, who could resist that smile? But as Donald remained oblivious to the female population, I sheepishly stuck with my group of girls. Our second grade teacher may have had an eye toward the future when casting the roles for a class play. Donald Hatcher: Santa Clause, Shirley Pérez: Mrs. Clause. (What great memories God allowed us to make together!)

As we grew older and I moved to another school, Donald & I drifted our separate ways for a several years only to be reunited in high school at church. This time I was the oblivious one while Donald admired timidly. Soon he got up the courage to conjure up a plan to win me over. By now you know that it worked!

Everything came full circle when Donald proposed at Mollie Ray Elementary School, the place that we met almost 18 years ago... 


The next thing I knew, I was strolling along memory lane... As we walked up to the door of our kindergarten classroom, I peeked through the window to see the room that we shared so long ago when I felt Donald grab my hand and spin me around. He was on his knee–and I was confused! I remember my mind racing. Is he being serious? Did he plan all of this? Is that why we’re here? When I saw the ring in his hand I was speechless. He began to speak. “Shirley, this is where it all started, and I want our story to continue for the rest of our lives…” That was all that I heard. I was so excited! I couldn’t even focus on what he was saying.

















Congratulations to Shirley & Donald!



Submitted via Two Bright Lights

3 comments: